Monday, July 27, 2015

Acknowledge everyone and their work

I'm totally open to good advice. In fact I'm actually pretty unsure of myself a lot and prefer that someone makes the choices. Guess that's why Mike and I make a good match. Where I need him, he's there and where he needs me, I'm there. Yes, he needs me. Heh, if you knew me personally you might laugh. But if you've ever seen him make the most simplest meals or ask him to do up a load of laundry, there's a darn good chance that he's going to make it....sub par. I'd like to say disaster but that's not the case.

(Come on, Ladies, you know you do it too; he always misses a spot or several with dishes, there's always lint on dark laundry, ya know, sub par)

I'll tell ya right now that I'd rather make a three course meal at suppertime with all the trimmings than lug  around 90 pounds of 8 inch thick pressed plywood and fiberglass that are 8 and 9 feet tall. And that's not the hardest part, that's just all in a day's work.

My husband is a form setter. He's one third of a 3 man crew that makes foundations for houses. Yes, he's deliciously ripped....and healthy, yes, ehem, healthy so he lives forever heehee.

I'm a stay at home mom. There's more to it than that, as all stay at home moms know. I'm happy to say that I have a very understanding husband that knows and acknowledges how mentally and emotionally exhausting my days get. And I'm proud to say I think I do a good job of acknowledging how physically exhausting his job gets.

We have a marriage. We have a partnership that's not equal but it's balanced.

He doesn't cook half the meals or change half the diapers, just like I don't lug half his panels. We're balanced to meet our strengths and weaknesses. I really don't know how single parents do it.

Kudos to people who do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails