Monday, July 27, 2015

Glamping in Ontario

Glamping in Ontario


So I went on my ladies only camping last weekend! A very dear friend of mine bought the old Storyland property in Renfrew and has been turning into a glamping site with pool and spa. 

For anyone not in the loop, glamping is glamourous camping and it's fabulous! For those of us who want to enjoy the quiet serenity of the woods but still want our WiFi close at hand, glamping is the thing for you!


In the winter, Ontario blankets itself in thick white snow and it's not long before the snowmobiles mark their territories with mazes of winding trails. 

Yep, she has plans for those fellas, too!

All season pool, spa, hiking, fishing, swimming! I  even saw her yoga studio!!! Yoga studio!!

Pretty sure I lost about 5 pounds over the weekend just walking around the trails. Didn't even notice til I got home cause I was too busy enjoying myself.

Now for the important lesson here: Take time for yourself. I feel sad that I only see most of these ladies once a year but every year I get to know them all a little more. Most of them have daughters so I love to hear stories of pinkness, glitter, unicorns, dresses, and dolls so much that I just sit there grinning. 

It might look a little creepy to those not in the know: 

Boys. They are everywhere in my family. Out of 4 kids my dad had, all with families, came to a total of 12 grand kids thus far. I have two nieces. Yes. Two. One of them was just born and lives 300 miles south of me and the other is living on the other side of the continent. I'm a girly girl of girls. I have Barbie dolls. I love love LOVE girly things and I had 3 boys. Three very masculine and boyish boys who play video games and watch sports.

Anyway, round two of Ladies Camping is set for August 29th weekend so hopefully I can get some actual pictures of the actual place. 

Holding my head up a bit higher these days. Prozac helps, but sunshine works quicker :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails